During this three-day silent retreat we will follow a traditional Zen sesshin (intensive retreat) schedule, incorporating periods of outdoor walking and sitting meditation in the beautiful setting of Sea to Sky Retreat Centre located on Daisy Lake between Squamish and Whistler. This is an opportunity to experience the daily rhythms of residential Zen practice and settle deeply into the stillness of the surrounding forest. The retreat will include dharma talks, and dokusan (individual meetings) with the teachers. We will eat Zen-style meals (oryoki). Instructions provided.
Myoshin Kate McCandless and Shinmon Michael Newton are the resident teachers of Mountain Rain Zen Community. They have been practicing Zen for over thirty years and teaching for over ten years.
- Double room, or single tent: $285 CDN (tent and bedding provided)
- Single room:: $390 CDN
- Oryoki fee: Oryoki sets (bowls, utensils and cloths) will be provided for those who do not have their own. We request that you contribute $15 towards maintaining and renewing our supply of oryoki sets.
- Fees include accommodation, meals and bedding.
Registration Deadline: July 1
Please register early so we can plan for accommodation and meals.
Retreat fees cover expenses only. There will be an opportunity to give a donation/dana to the teachers at the retreat.
- Reduced fees are available for those on a limited income. Please do not use the registration button below. Instead, please complete the Residential Sesshin Reduced Fee form (click the link to access the form). The registrar will contact you to confirm your registration, and you will pay your fee at the retreat. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Reduced fees are available for a double room or single tent, but not for a single room, except in cases of special need.
- Please see the Detailed Instructions for Event Registration (click the link to access the instructions).
If you still have questions or concerns, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This retreat is now full. Please do not register without first contacting the registrar to see if there have been any cancellations:, and be added to the waiting list. email@example.com
Are you on the Mountain Rain Mailing List? To join the list, sign up here.