From time immemorial, women have gathered in circles of sharing: in churches and temples, kitchens and courtyards, fields and forests. In this weekend retreat we will express our Zen practice through: silent meditation, forest walking, chant and song, ceremony, movement, writing, art-making, speaking and listening from the heart, and sharing meals together.
This year for the first time the retreat will be held in the beautiful setting of Sea to Sky Retreat Centre, on the shores of Daisy Lake, between Squamish and Whistler.
The retreat will be led by Myoshin Kate McCandless, resident teacher of Mountain Rain Zen Community, in collaboration with other women sangha leaders.
- Double room, or single tent: $300 CDN (tent and bedding provided)
- Single room:: $420 CDN
- Oryoki fee: Oryoki sets (bowls, utensils and cloths) will be provided for those who do not have their own. We request that you contribute $15 towards maintaining and renewing our supply of oryoki sets.
- Fees include accommodation, meals and bedding.
Single rooms are available in the Main Lodge and in two small cottages, which do not have washrooms. (They share the main lodge washrooms nearby.) Please indicate on your registration under Comments if you have mobility issues, that limit ease of walking or using stairs. Single rooms will be limited, so will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
Snoring: If you know you are a snorer, please select a single room or single tent, out of consideration for others.
Single tents are also available. Washrooms are nearby in the Retreat House. Tents are spacious and equipped with mattress and bedding. An extra sleeping bag would be wise in May.
Double rooms are available in the Retreat House. We encourage you to choose a roommate if you know someone who is attending. Please decide together and let the registrar know.
Registration Deadline: May 10
Please register early so we can plan for accommodation and meals.
Retreat fees cover expenses only. There will be an opportunity to give a donation/dana to the teachers at the retreat.
- Reduced fees are available for those on a limited income. For residential retreats we ask that you pay at least half of the cost, or more if you are able. Please pay the $50 deposit using the registration button below, and complete the Residential Sesshin Reduced Fee form (click the link to access the form). The registrar will contact you to confirm your registration, and you will pay the remaining fee at the retreat.
- Reduced fees are available for a double room or single tent, but not for a single room, except in cases of special need.
- Please see the Detailed Instructions for Event Registration (click the link to access the instructions).
If you still have questions or concerns, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.