with Myoshin Kate McCandless and Shinmon Michael Newton
Thursday July 16 arrive 3:00 PM
Sunday July 19 leave 3:00 PM
Sea to Sky Retreat Centre, Whistler BC
During this three-day silent retreat we will follow a traditional Zen sesshin (intensive retreat) schedule, incorporating periods of outdoor walking and sitting meditation in the beautiful setting of Sea to Sky Retreat Centre located on Daisy Lake between Squamish and Whistler. This is an opportunity to experience the daily rhythms of residential Zen practice and settle deeply into the stillness of the surrounding forest. The retreat will include dharma talks, and dokusan (individual meetings) with the teachers. We will eat Zen-style meals (oryoki). Instructions provided.
Myoshin Kate McCandless and Shinmon Michael Newton are the resident teachers of Mountain Rain Zen Community. They have been practicing Zen for over thirty years and teaching for over ten years.
Please note: Registration for this retreat is now closed. Please contact the registrar at email@example.com if you wish to be put on the cancellation list.
- Double room, or single tent: $285 CDN (tent provided)
- Single room:: $390 CDN Please note: At this point (June 3) we cannot guarantee a single room. Please register for a double room, or single tent, and indicate your preference in the notes section of the registration form and if a single room becomes available, we will let you know and you can pay the cost difference on arrival at the retreat.
- Oryoki fee: Oryoki sets (bowls, utensils and cloths) will be provided for those who do not have their own. We request that you contribute $15 towards maintaining and renewing our supply of oryoki sets.
- Fees include accommodation, meals, bedding (for rooms only, tenters provide own bedding)
Registration Deadline: July 5
Please register early so we can plan for accommodation and meals.
Retreat fees cover expenses. There will be an opportunity to give a donation/dana to the teachers at the retreat.
- Reduced fees are available for those on a limited income. Please do not use the registration button below. Instead, please complete the Weekend Retreat Reduced Fee Request form (click the link to access the form). The registrar will contact you to confirm your registration, and you will pay your fee at the retreat. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Reduced fees are available for a double room or single tent, but not for a single room, except in cases of special need.
- Please see the Detailed Instructions for Event Registration (click the link to access the instructions).
If you still have questions or concerns, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reduced Fee Fund
The Mountain Rain Reduced Fee Fund makes it possible for those on a limited income to participate in our retreats. Please consider making a donation. This requires a separate transaction. Tax receipts will be issued at year-end. Thank you!
Are you on the Mountain Rain Mailing List? To join the list, sign up here.