Membership is a personal commitment that says, YES— I am a part of this community, and I want to contribute. As members, we share the work and costs of our community, offering our gifts of skills, time and/or financial support, as each of us is able. Of course, you are welcome to practice with Mountain Rain whether you are a member or not.
Why are members who donate financially an essential part of the life and work of Mountain Rain Zen Community?
Having a reliable source of income every month allows us to pay the rent, hydro, provide our teachers’ stipend, buy office and zendo supplies and to maintain our capacity to offer reduced retreat fees to those on limited income.
To enroll as a member, please choose one of the options below. How much you choose to give is up to you. New Members will automatically be added to the Mountain Rain Mailing List. A tax receipt will be provided for any donation over $25.00.
Membership Options Treasurer contact link: treasurer
1. Monthly Membership Payment by Credit Card
- Use the button below labeled "Monthly Payments" to have monthly payments automatically charged to a credit card.
2. Annual Membership Payment by Credit Card
- To make a single nonrecurring membership donation, use the button below labeled "Single Payment."
- Single payment memberships must be renewed yearly by March 31 to remain current.
3. Monthly or Annual Payment by Cheque
If you wish to pay either annually or monthly by post-dated cheques, please download and complete our membership form, and bring it to the zendo in person, or send it to the mailing address at the bottom of the form. Download form.
4. Payment by INTERAC® e-Transfer (Canadian bank account holders only)
- Log in to your online banking account
- Select Send INTERAC® e-Transfer.
- Set up your profile by inputting your email address as indicated.
- Set up your recipient(s): ADD/delete recipients Name: The Mountain Rain Zen Community Society Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a security question and answer. Suggested question: What is the name of your teacher? Suggested answer: Dogen. If you choose to create your own question, please inform the treasurer of the correct answer.
- Once you've set up your profile and recipient(s) select your recipient from the dropdown list on the Send INTERAC® e-Transfer page. Indicate the amount you'd like to send. (Your account will be debited the amount you have sent as well as any associated fees once you click Send Transfer.)
- When completed, please also contact the treasurer regarding your membership.
5. In-Kind / Pro bono Contributions
Please download and complete the membership form and describe how you would like to support Mountain Rain. Scan and email to the treasurer, mail to the address on the form, or bring it to the zendo. Download form
If you have any questions, please contact the treasurer.
Thank you for supporting Mountain Rain Zen Community's dharma activities.