Workflow Guide: Membership: Single Payment
Single payment membership donations are handled through a Squarespace donation block. The forms, email, and process are basically the same.
Collect User Input
Example: Support: Membership
Donation Form: Single Payment
- Choose the amount
- Add billing info including mailing address
- Secure payment form
"Join mailing list" checkbox
- Simple checkbox on checkout form.
Note: Default is unchecked, which can't be changed.
Process the Membership: Single Payment
Receive Confirmation Email
- From: Mountain Rain Zen Community <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject line: Mountain Rain Zen Community: Thank You
Includes: Message, Fund Name, Amount
Note: Message can be edited but must work for ALL one-time donations.
Receive Notification Email
- From: Squarespace <email@example.com>
- Subject line: Mountain Rain Zen Community Has Received a Contribution
Includes: Donor name, address, phone; Amount but NOT fund name
More detailed including fund name info is also in Squarespace > Commerce > Donations
- Donations can be exported to a spreadsheet (.csv)
- Notes can be kept on donations
- Email can be sent to user to follow up, but it will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
MAILCHIMP & MAILING LIST MANAGER
If checkbox on donation form is checked:
- MailChimp Transfer List receives: First name, Last name, Email address (only)
- If email is already on the transfer list, MC will ignore or update with new name info
- ML Manager copies user info from Transfer List into main MRZC mailing list
- TBD: Collecting other info on user from the registrar for the ML?
If checkbox on donation form is not checked:
- Set up simple process to request permission to add them to the main MRZC mailing list.
- Process manually: At MailChimp, add them to the main MRZC Mailing List
- In the main MRZC Mailing List, under Groups > Membership Status, choose "Member"
- Complete the other two hidden fields:
- Date joined / renewed
- Payment type [this is a text field]: Put in: Single payment